When St. George’s Arts Festival was founded in 1992 a patron’s scheme was set up to provide the annual seed capital with which to underwrite the set up cost for the festivals. When the festival was relaunched in 2014 and renamed ‘St. George’s Festival for Beckenham’, within the wider umbrella of the Arts at St. George’s, the Patrons Scheme was replaced by a Friends Scheme.
Friends enjoy more generous benefits than those offered by the Patron’s Scheme while their annual subscriptions now provide the annual seed capital for the wider Arts at St. Georges project and its programmes which now run throughout the year.
Benefits & subscriptions
Applicable to AASG sponsored* events unless otherwise stated
• Priority Booking with 1/3rd off published ticket prices for Friend’s own ticket but also applies to all SGCO and BYMT concerts
• Individual personalised Membership card
• Dedicated Friends cushioned seating area. Up to 3 companions may sit with a Friend (Companion Benefit does not apply to The Sixteen 30th June 2018)
• Free glass of wine at each event (when refreshments served)
• Friends Reception with FREE Entry to ‘Friends’ Musick at 8pm Monday 25th June
• Autumn Friends Evening Wednesday 7th November
• Annual Subscription: Individual £50 Joint Friends £75
* SGCO, St.George’s Choir, Choral Foundation & Players, & BYMT & Beckenham Chorale events outside the Arts Festival are not Arts at St. George’s (AASG) ‘sponsored’ events.
Due to demand, once membership places for the year are filled, a waiting list operates on a ‘first come, first served’ basis.
We also have a Business Friends Scheme which enables businesses to sponsor events and their principals to also enjoy membership benefits. Full details on application.
We regret that Friends may currently only buy tickets from the Parish Office to take advantage of their membership benefits.
If you would like to support the Arts at St. George’s by becoming a Friend you can obtain a Membership Form from the Parish Office (in the church) at High Street, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1AX.