Bromley Youth Music Trust is an independent music service nationally renowned for providing a very high quality comprehensive and inclusive instrumental and vocal music education to the young people of Bromley and surrounding areas, as well as providing opportunities for performance in a wide range of settings to enhance the musical understanding and appreciation of pupils and the wider community.
This is achieved in schools through:
- Individual and group tuition
- Whole class instrumental tuition in Year 3 to all children in every primary school in the borough
- Whole class bands as progression paths in both primary and secondary schools
- The opportunity to perform as a school ensemble or choir at The Churchill Theatre as part of the biennial Bromley Schools Festival of Music
- CPD, curriculum support and bespoke projects with BYMT’s Head of Curriculum Teaching
Opportunities at BYMT’s music centres include:
- Structured bands, choirs, chamber music, keyboard classes, orchestras, & Music Theatre, for all ages and abilities including adults (See Bromley Adult Music below)
- Classes for ‘early years’
- Regular public performance opportunities in quality venues both locally and nationally
- Regular holiday courses, workshops and masterclasses
- Annual concert tours in Europe for the most advanced musicians
- Participation in National Festivals.
BYMTis supported by a service level agreement and grant from the DfE through Arts Council England. These are supplemented by charges to schools and parents and partnerships with the local community.
BYMT became the leading partner in Bromley’s ‘Music Education Hub’ in September 2012.
Bromley Adult Music – the premier music centre for adults!
Offers a wide range of classes and ensembles for both beginners and more advanced students, led by experienced teachers and professional musicians. Our classes are also very friendly and lots of fun!
Our current classes and ensembles are: Adult Choir, Adult Musicians’ Orchestra, Advanced Piano Maestros, Bromley Male Voices, Jazz School, Learn to Read Music and Put It To Use, Piano for Adult Beginners, Sing! Bromley, Thank Rock It’s Thursday, Ukulele Club, XBY Concert Band.